Information and data powers knowledge. This is why we have compiled trending Insights on all video-related topics, from video marketing to social media video statistics. Some insights are from the 90 Seconds platform, so you would have an authentic analysis of today’s global video content industry as well.
In this edition, we bring you the top trending social media video insights of different social platforms. If you ever wondered about the power of using video in your social content strategies, here are some insights for you.
Please feel free to use these data in any commercial or non-commercial capacity.
If you use these statistics, we require a link to 90 Seconds.
1. Tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than Tweets without video
With a higher recorded engagement rate, posting tweets with accompanying videos allow you to achieve the increased brand and audience awareness you wish for.
2. Facebook video posts record the highest engagement rate at 6.09% as compared to any other content type posts
In 2020, Facebook video posts noted the highest engagement rate amongst other content type posts - be sure to leverage on this insight when deciding on your social media content strategy this 2021.
3. Instagram video posts record 38% more engagement than image posts
Posting a social cut of your Virtual Event or Product Demo video would help leave a greater impression on and increase product awareness among your brand followers.
4. LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video post on the platform
Different content types are effective on various platforms - leverage on LinkedIn members' preference and promote your brand via video.
5. The number of LinkedIn live streams increased by 437% from 2019 to 2020
In 2020, LinkedIn Live recorded a 437% YoY increase in the number of live streams, emphasizing the growth of live streams within the global business and corporate community.
6. Brands enjoy 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn Live Streams than regular video posts
The increased use of LinkedIn Live by members is complemented with an accompanying rise in engagement rate with other LinkedIn global community users as well.